It is a great pleasure for me to invite you to the 52ndAnnual Meeting of the International Spinal Cord Society which will take place 28-30 October, 2013 in the amazing city of Istanbul, Turkey.
You are invited and encouraged to contribute to the scientific program and your support and active involvement is welcome. Besides presentations on research findings, overviews of current state of the art, lectures of excellence, and teaching courses there will also be a focus on primary prevention, organization of rehabilitation services. Global issues will be addressed including burden of spinal cord injury, state of management in low to middle income countries and priority settings when resources are low.
I am looking forward to welcome you at the 52ndAnnual Meeting of the ISCoS in Istanbul, the historical city, rich in culture and diversity, undeniably one of the most beautiful cities in the world. I recommend you to take the time to explore its sights, historical monuments and wonders. Together with the exciting scientific meeting, the beauty of Istanbul will provide an unforgettable experience for all.
Hope to see you all in Istanbul,
Mehmet Beyazova, ISCoS 2013 Chair
Since its establishment, Istanbul has been a cross road for culture and knowledge. It will be the focus of knowledge exchange again at the 52ndAnnual Scientific Meeting of the International Spinal Cord Society in October, 2013. The conference will cover areas of interest to all involved in the management of spinal cord injuries. The programme will cover resource management in all settings, acute spinal cord injuries management with an emphasis on disaster situations, primary care, rehabilitation, prevention and education.
In addition the meeting will provide an opportunity to strengthen relationships with colleagues and develop new ones through the networking opportunities of the workshops, scientific presentations, discussions around the posters and through the sharing of ideas and mutual interests.
The Organizing Committee is actively developing a programme of interest focussed on current issues associated with prevention and management of spinal cord injuries around the world, but with particular emphasis on emerging economies, public education regarding prevention, training of health professionals and the development of physical resources and management systems.
The work of the Prevention, Education and Scientific Committees will underpin these themes.
In the long history of Turkish hospitality, the Organizing Committee has extended its welcome to everyone to the 2013 Annual Scientific Meeting of ISCoS. On behalf of the Executive of ISCoS I also welcome you to the meeting and encourage your active participation.
Doug Brown, President ISCoS
Important Points and Rules for Abstract Submission
Applications sent in written format, via e-mail, fax, disc or any other method will not be accepted. The abstract submission on the website will begin on October 29th, 2012 and the submission deadline is March 28th, 2013. Presenters who have sent their abstracts will have the opportunity to make changes in the abstract texts, or in the order of authors, or to withdraw their abstracts until deadline if abstracts are not sent to the committee. Submission dates will never be extended.
Rules for Abstracts
- The official language for abstract submission is English
- Make the subject classification carefully
- Write the names and last names of the authors according to the order in their studies and mark the box "presenter" located on the left of the name
- Please submit your abstracts as “research” or “case report” according to standarts below.
- Please fill in the presenting author's contact information in full details.
- Write the abstract in accordance with its structure.
- The abstracts should not exceed 300 words except author's name and title.
- Do not make spelling mistakes.
- After each procedure (submitting abstracts, making changes), re-enter your abstract from the related menu and verify if it has been saved in the database correctly.
- Keep the confirmation messages that will be sent to your e-mail address after each procedure of submission.